Monday, October 25, 2010

Trials of a Teenage Life

 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12
 

I used to see that verse as an excuse, a free pass to validate my rebellious youth. "I'm young - don't you dare look down on me!" Reading it now I don't see that in there at all, but we all see what we want to see when it works for us. Now I see it as an admonishment, an instruction - as it was for Timothy.

I want to explore what it really means.

I had an interesting teenage-hood. I made a lot of mistakes, I can tell you, and from some of those choices I'm still cleaning up the wreckage. Mine is definitely a what-not-to-do in a lot of cases.

I would really like to share that with people as a warning beacon, as advice, and as encouragement that it's a hard time of life and you're not alone in struggling with it. Or just someone to look at and say to yourself, "Phew, I'm doing better than that at least!"

If you want to hear about my story, for whatever it's worth, there'll be videos coming soon on YouTube and I'll post links to them here.It will probably have a girl focus, because I'm a girl and that's all I know, but I'm sure things in it will apply to everyone. And boys, we know you like to read Dolly or Cosmo every now and then just to see what us girls are all about, so this can be for you too :)

I promise it will be more meaningful than a magazine!

Cupfuls of Love and videos-to-be
Jessie

Part 1 is here!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessie,
    I LOVE your blog and vlog! Please continue spreading your powerful message. You are such an inspiration! This video spoke right to my heart!
    I read your comment on Tiffany Myer's blog and that's how I found your blog. I am so happy I found it! I am so excited to read all your blog and vlog entries and the many more to come!
    Wishing you so much love,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete