Thursday, November 11, 2010

Don't Underestimate God's Plans!

When I started this blog, and even my YouTube videos, I really had no idea what I was going to do with them. I didn't really have any aspirations of people being interested, but I just felt like I wanted to express myself.

To have even a few people watch and read has been amazing. And to surprise myself that I actually have something worthwhile to say has been great!

I've always thought my life experience should be used to help other people, but I had no idea God was going to bless me along the way too. The last blog post, about people driving you crazy, was prompted by a girl I don't personally know seeking my advice.

At first I had no idea what to write - everything else I've written has just sort of come to me in prayer and Bible reading, not from someone requesting something, especially not knowing much detail about her situation. But I prayed about it, and then lying in bed one night I thought of a couple of Bible verses, and then the whole blog post sort of wrote itself in my head.

The next morning I wrote it and posted it.

The girl who requested it messaged me and said that God had spoken to her about her situation through my words, and that's an amazing feeling. Not that I'm so clever and wise - I know what I said was definitely from God, and I didn't come up with it on my own. I feel so blessed that God would use me to speak into someone elses life. I feel so happy for the girl who got something out of my post, and so humbled and loved that God would use me to do it!

We can all be used by God, daily in small ways to bless the lives of others - those around us or even those we've never met. But we're not just an empty shell, a puppet while God pulls the strings. We have to make ourselves available and ready to be used! I am sure that if I hadn't been taking the time to pray and read the Bible, and make myself ready for God to use me, then he would have found some other way to bless that girl's life.

He doesn't NEED us to carry out his plans - he'll do it no matter what. But it's a wonderful thing to be part of God's plans, so we want to make sure we're ready when he calls us to something, big or small!

I have a terrible habit of underestimating his plans, though. I like to know what's going on in life, have it set out so I can see where I'm heading, make sense of things. The thing with God is, though, that his ways are so much bigger than ours that we'll never be able to see the whole picture while we're here on earth.

So when God starts doing things, I start trying to fit all the pieces into my own puzzle. I'll recognise God doing something, then say 'Aha! That's what he's doing. ALright, off I go." and then I'll try and run away with it in my own direction.

Many times God has pulled me up and said, "Not yet. There's more to come. This is just the beginning."

Don't underestimate His plans - his picture is far bigger, far more detailed, and far more amazing than anything we can create ourselves. When we think we've finally worked out what it is he's doing, he'll probably surprise us with something bigger.

My ideas of what he might be doing have readjusted so many times - so now instead of trying to see ten steps ahead, I'm taking it one step at a time. When I look back, I can see so many little steps I didn't even know where happening at the time, leading me to a different place than I imagined. But a far better place!

Take encouragement. God is in control. Sometimes he doesn't show us everything because he knows we'll trip ourselves up. But he will lead you. He will make your paths straight. He will light your path.

And what he's got in store, if we'll let Him take us there, is far better than anything you've imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment